If you have dentures, then you know that there are many steps you need to take every day in order to keep them in good condition. Here is an outline of the daily schedule you should follow if you want to take great care of your dentures.
- In the morning, brush your gums, tongue, and palate. Doing so keeps your mouth clean and stimulates circulation.
- Rinse your dentures and then brush them. There are toothbrushes and denture cleansers specifically designed to clean dentures.
- Rinse your dentures with water after meals. This will help to prevent food and plaque buildup.
- Remove your dentures before you go to sleep at night. Soak them in water or a soaking solution because they can lose shape if they dry out. Also avoid using hot water to soak your dentures since it can warp their form.
- Brush your gums, tongue, and palate again before going to bed.
When you follow this daily denture care routine, you are helping to protect your oral health and extend the life of your dentures. Dentures that are not cleaned regularly can cause bad breath as well as oral infections. Please contact Dr. Stephen A. Maniaci today if you want to learn more about how you can care for your dentures.